Coconut Papaya Smoothie
This smoothie has more than a hint of the Caribbean about it. All you need after having this drink is a hammock by the ocean…
Serves: 1 (lucky) person.
- blender (ice crushing variety preferabley_
- tall glass
- knife & cutting board
- half a small – to medium sized papaya
- 1 lime
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons hone
- 3-4 ice cubes
- raw almonds, shaved or chopped super fine for garnish
Nb: If you can’t find light coconut milk, use full-cream coconut milk, and dilute with water to taste. Try and use raw organic honey that has not been heat treated.
How to make it:
- Open the can of coconut milk and pour into a glass jug and over with plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- De-seed the papaya, cut up and put in blender.
- Cut the lime into quarters and squeezing juice into blender.
- Add chilled coconut milk.
- Add the honey and ice cubes.
- Switch blender to high and blend until mixed through.
- Pour into a tall glass, garnish with chopped or shaved almonds.
Want more delicious and healthy recipes like this? Check out Girlosophy: Real Girls' Eat, its so much more than a cook book!